Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lasagna

Carol Murray first made this for a Gourmet Group dinner. I vary the ingredients, use sauce from a jar, leave out the meat, but I always layer my lasagna this way.

1 1/2 lb ground beef
7 eggs (I never use this many!)
2 lbs ricotta
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 lb mozarella
2 cloves garlic
2 large cans of whole tomatoes
4 small cans tomato paste
9 lasagna noodles
oregano, parsley, basil
1 1/2 cups red wine

Brown and drain meat. Crush and simmer tomatoes until soft; add paste, wine, garlic, and oregano/basil. Simmer 1 hour.  Add meat and simmer 1 more hour.  Combine ricotta, eggs, parm, parsley.
Assemble: Layer sauce, noodles,  ricotta, noodles, sauce, mozarella, ricotta, noodles, sauce, mozarella, grated parmesan. Bake 350 for 35 - 45 mintues .Cool 10 minutes before cutting.
Note to me for portioning: 3 layers sauce, 3 layers noodles, 2 layers ricotta.

No comments: